- Due to increase in international trade, demand of shipping is expanded tremendously.
- Shipping plays a very important role in the growth and development of country.
- Shipping & Maritime play an important role in international trade & commerce.
- Almost 90% trade is done through sea route which increase the need of the professionals in this area.
- There is a vast scope in the Shipping & Maritime profession.
- All courses under this field is very much demanding and in trend.
- You can make your career in this field if you are interested in travelling world tour & want to gain knowledge of various places and cultures.
- There is a wide range of scope in logistics and shipping.
- After completing your degree, you can join government/ private shipping companies and various port agencies in India or in abroad.
- Shipping industries are one of the best sectors to make your career. Marine engineers can also join the merchant navy.
- Exciting career paths are offered in the field of Shipping & Maritime.
- The need of skilled professionals has been increased due to the increasing importance of international trade.
- There are enormous job opportunities for the candidates who have completed the basic course in this field.
- Shipping industry plays a vital role in international trade and due to this it offers interesting and diverse career opportunities.
- You can work in the shipping and navy departments.
- The shipping & maritime industry offers an excellent opportunity to the youngsters who wish to carve & achieve a self-disciplined, motivated & an adventurous career.
- Job opportunities exist in private and government shipping companies like Shipping Corporation of India del cedar agents etc. One can also join merchant navy after the completion of aforementioned diploma and degree courses.
In the field of shipping, one can become:
- Marine Engineer, Deck Officer, Deck Cadet, Steward, Marine Cook, General Crew, Port Captain, Chief Engineer, Associate Director, Manager-Port Logistics, Documentation Executive, Successful graduates of the course are hired in capacities such as Deck Cadet, Second Officer, Chief Officer, Captain, besides positions such as Marine Engineer, Oceanographer, Radio Officer, Nautical Surveyors.
Popular professional avenues open to such graduates are
- Deck Officer - The work in an executive department and are responsible for the navigation, maneuvering and safe handling of the ship, and for communications between ship and shore, the handling and delivery of cargo, and the operation of all lifesaving devices. The role of a Deck Officer is vital onboard a merchant vessel.
- Nautical Surveyor - Nautical Surveyors inspect equipment intended for new or existing vessels to ensure compliance with various standards or specifications. Nautical surveys typically include the structure, machinery and equipment (navigational, safety, radio, etc.) and general condition of a vessel and/or cargo.
- Scuba Diver - They work below the surface of water, using scuba gear to inspect, repair, remove, or install equipment and structures. They may use a variety of power and hand tools, such as drills, sledgehammers, torches, and welding equipment.
- Marine Superintendent - The Marine Superintendent is responsible for the safe, economical and efficient running of the vessels under his control. The duties and responsibilities of the Marine Superintendent include planning and execution of dry docking and shipyard repair work, among others.
Some of the top Recruiters are
- GMMCO Limited
- Carnival Cruise Line
- TMC Shipping Pvt Ltd.
- ITT Shipping (P) Ltd.
- American Cruise Lines
- Ocean Shipping Service PVT.LTD
- Bridgeview Maritime Pvt.Ltd.
- Anglo-Eastern Ship Management
- The Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd.
- Northern Marine Management (India) Pvt. Ltd.